Protecting your private information from unauthorized access is of critical importance to our company, your broker, state regulators, and the many carriers we work with.
The following are some of the ways that eHealthApp protects your personal information:
1. Minimizing Paper: Paper is less safe. Paper can be lost, photocopied, and shared with others with little effort, little risk of being caught, and no record of who did what or when. eHealthApp promotes a secure, paperless flow of information between you, your broker, and the insurance companies.
2. Individual accounts: We’ve taken a number of measures, including login protocols and password encryption, that make it effectively impossible for a hacker to break in. Various undisclosed security measures have been taken to ensure that even attempts by hackers are detected and thwarted quickly.
3. Extensive Auditing Capabilities: The eHealthApp system records various events, including password resets, failed login attempts, and numerous other events. As part of our auditing, we capture the IP address for all computers that access, or attempt to access, eHealthApp. If someone attempts to access your account, he will leave a digital trail back to the computer he was using, regardless of whether or not the person succeeded in accessing the system. We also have system administrators monitor key statistics to detect unusual activity.
4. Proactive Defenses: If an account is found to be under attack, the system will detect the attack, lock the account, and notify eHealthApp personnel. Once an account is locked, only the broker can unlock it. If foul play is suspected, the authorities may be contacted for further investigation.
5. Encrypted Communication: All of the information that is entered into eHealthApp travels across the Internet using a standard security technology known as SSL. This is the same technology that financial institutions use to communicate information across the Internet.
6. Data Center Security: The eHealthApp servers are located in a professionally operated data center with biometric security enabled entrances, individually locked server cabinets, and onsite, around‐the‐clock personnel, all under constant video surveillance.
7. Professional Staff: The technology team behind eHealthApp brings extensive, hands‐on experience in the financial industry to our software development process. We are always looking out for new attacks and new safeguards and we regularly reexamine all aspects of our security protocols and take specific measures to further strengthen our security.
8. Other Protections: eHealthApp utilizes numerous techniques and technologies to secure the system. These include firewalls and protections against SQL injection, URL tampering, and cross‐site scripting, as well as other techniques that we do not disclose.
eHealthApp’s success as a company hinges on our ability to provide a secure system. By minimizing the amount of paper, combined with advanced information technology techniques and best practices, eHealthApp is able to provide a much more secure quoting and enrollment process than traditional, paper‐based processes.
Founded in 2005, eHealthApp simplifies and streamlines the process of insurance quoting and enrollment for applicants, employers, brokers, and carriers. eHealthApp is a subsidiary of DDBC, Inc., a database and application consulting company that’s been serving Fortune 500 companies since 1997.
If you are interested in a free product demonstration or wish to have a customized eHealthApp portal set up for your agency within minutes, please email us or contact us by phone at 877.342.8462. To locate a broker who uses eHealthApp for faster and more efficient quoting, check out our list of participating brokers.